Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

コピーしないでください!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year, Everyone!



Every year, our family has a tradition to gather together before the New Year countdown begins.  Each of us has to share about the lessons that we have learned, blessings that we have received, or events that were so memorable. And while I was listening to each of my family members, I realized that there were a lot of things to be thankful of.
There are small things that we sometimes forget to acknowledge.

Mine are these:

1.       After his contract in a private school not had been renewed, my husband’s application in a public school near our then-boarding house had been rejected as well. After several months of waiting, God gave him a job that he deserves. A job in which he is not required to report more than eight hours a day, a job in which is two days off and paid vacation are guaranteed. A Subject Area Coordinator and co-workers who are supportive and more professional, and a workplace which is more accessible to our place.

We found out that the system in that private school became worse. More students, less teachers. Had his contract been renewed, he would have more stress as the other teachers who had stayed in that school, having more workloads in exchange of a “so-so” salary. In addition, we also found out that the principal in the public school where he initially had applied had a very “different attitude”.

2.       Our very simple wedding attended by ten people, including us, on our ninth anniversary as a couple. The place was a little bit noisy since it was lunch time and it was too informal. We hadn’t expected that the officiating minister would be conducting a ceremony like exchange of vows and others; we thought that she just ask us to affix our signature on a piece of paper called “Marriage Contract”. Our wedding was not perfect that we had faced some problems before, during and after the ceremony; nevertheless, it was still memorable.

3.       We, especially my husband, had been accused of “panunulsol” by our then-landlady . According to her, my husband was the one who encouraged my friend who was a victim of “boy boso” to report the matter to our Barangay Chairman. This was one of the factors why we decided to transfer to another place. Now, God has given us a safer place to live, with nicer landlords.

4.       Jobs, jobs, jobs. I celebrated my first anniversary in my new workplace. After the company that I had served for four years had been closed, God gave me another workplace. My second younger sister also celebrated her first anniversary at work amidst her super hectic schedule. My third younger sister has also been employed as a public school teacher. My fourth younger sister also had her first job. Plus, my dad has been serving the Philippine Army for more than twenty years and will be retiring this year.

5.       My sisters’ graduation. Two of my younger sisters graduated last year. Elaine, the fourth among six children, had finally obtained her college degree. On the other hand, Irish, the fifth, had finished high school. In our country where having a big family to feed with the father as the sole breadwinner, this is really a big blessing.

6.       Health. My younger sister had an accident, but miraculously, she was able to sustain a few wounds and was able to recuperate fast. My parents and other family members’ health were in good condition as well. My mother-in-law was also able to survive high blood pressure and high sugar level.

7.       Relationships. It seemed that we traveled a rough road at first but I noticed that my relationship with my husband has become better. The same applies to my in-laws. My parents had their worst fight but reconciled. One of my younger sisters finally had a new boyfriend after several years of staying single. Our relationship as siblings was not quite good but before the year ends, it had become better at least.

8.       Friends come and go, but the ones who stay are worth keeping. We met a lot of people, learned from them and tried to establish friendship.

9.       We ARE still alive. It means we still have our own purpose on earth that we have to accomplish.

10.   NEW YEAR, NEW LIFE. Another year of challenges, adventures and lessons to learn.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment