Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

コピーしないでください!

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Parents, Take EXTRA Care of your Kids


Read the story here
Read here
This news broke my heart. These boys had been missing for four months until they were found lifeless.



These are the facts that I gathered based on several news reports that I have read:

1. Their parents did their best to find them. However, after their failed search attempts in Wawa, Taguig and in neighboring barangays, cities and provinces, the search went as far as Mindoro only to find their bodies inside a vehicle in a private garage near (and in some reports,in front of) Barangay Hall near their house.

2. According to some news reports,  parents claimed that one of the kids' eyes and heart had been missing. From their statement, there had been a hint of kidnap/murder and “organ trafficking”.  Aside from these two toddlers, there were other kids who had been missing and most of them were never found, nor their bodies recovered. Also, we often hear some news about kidnap for organ donations wherein kids are the usual targets. However, police claimed that their organs had already been missing because their bodies, when found, were at the early stage of decomposition and there were no signs of physical struggle and foul play.  Also, according to reports, the children died of suffocation dehydration because they were locked inside the car in the middle of summer, without water or food intake.

3. According to the police, organ donation as possible reason of the kids' death was invalid, because our country has a law against it (Organ Donation Act of 1991). Well, we have a lot of laws against kidnapping, murder and robbery, but are these enough to keep people from committing these crimes?

4. It also said one of the victims was seated, while the other was lying face down, wearing the same clothes they wore the day they went missing. And the car was not even locked! Mysterious, it's it?

Now the questions are:

1. How come that these kids had accidentally locked themselves inside the car and nobody had noticed them when the parking lot is just located near Barangay Hall?

2. Can we put the blame on the kids' parents?

Some netizens blame the kids' parents due to neglect. They said parents should have monitored their kids' whereabouts. They should have taught their kids not to enter private properties and not to use things which aren't theirs. They should have taught them to open and close car doors properly, blah, blah and blah.
Although parents are held accountable for whatever happens to their kids, they still do not deserve to be treated like this. Sure, they allowed their kids to play outside and it's normal. But to blame them for their kids' death is unfair. In fact, they did their best to find their kids by going to places where their kids might possibly had gone. They also posted posters and asked their friends and acquaintances to share their kids' photos via Facebook and I am one of the people who clicked “SHARE”. Some might say that these efforts were “scripted” but I am sure that not all of us know them personally.

3. Why am I concerned ? It's because their grandmother is my husband's co-worker. It's because I'm from Taguig City and a concerned citizen. It's because I am married and I want to have kids someday but I worry about the safety and security of our surroundings. Because I have some friends who have kids too. In fact, several weeks ago, one of my “kumares” told me that a man had entered her apartment while she was away, and introduced himself as one of her relatives to my goddaughter's nanny. Fortunately, the nanny's smart; she called my kumare right away and locked the doors.

4. Is our country still safe for children? Should the government officials be blamed? I don't know, really.

Because of what happened, I remembered how strict my parents were when my siblings and I were still very young. They did not want us to be out of their sights. Even if we played outside, my mother had her eyes on us. For us, she IS a superwoman. She's very capable of multitasking; she can juggle doing household chores while running a small "sarisari" (variety) store and while taking care of six kids. She helped us with our projects and school assignments and when dad was not around, she was the one to fetch us from school. Sometimes, she would allow us to play with the neighborhood kids, but from time to time, we'd hear her unique whistle, calling us and in turn, we should be ready to respond. Otherwise, she would call us back to our house and if we still insisted to play outside, we'd prepare ourselves for punishment. She and our neighbors took turns in watching over the kids, and notified each other whether we (the neighborhood kids) were playing within their vicinities.

My dad, as an enlisted personnel, was stricter than my mother. He established curfew hours. He accompanied us on field trips and if he or mom couldn't, they would ask another parent whom they are close to, to look after us, otherwise, they wouldn't allow us to go. He made sure to have time to drive us to and from school using his motorcycle or car, even when we were already in high school. And even when we were already in college he still would find a way to fetch us using his motorcycle. That's why for me and my siblings, he's our superman.

Why am I saying this? Parents, be extra careful. Like what my fellow blogger said, we should beware of  child snatchers. We should be more afraid to lose our little angels than our belongings because our cell phones, wallets and bags are replaceable but our children aren't.

On the other hand, children, obey your parents. They care about you. I was once a little kid who was selfish and disobedient, oblivious of how my parents would feel everytime I disobey them. I now realized how they felt whenever I disobey them and do whatever I wanted. I now appreciate their worry when they called my classmate's phone just because I had not come home the night of our JS Prom. I miss my mom's nagging,  reminding me and my siblings to lock the door and the windows, notify them our whereabouts, go home on time, leave our friends' phone numbers and others. I appreciate my dad's phone calls every now and then to check whether my then- boyfriend and I had gone somewhere when I was a college student. So, kids, don't break your parents' hearts because when you grow older, you will be missing your mothers' loud mouth and your fathers' strictness.

To the family of Dayne Buenaflor and James Naraga, my deepest condolences. I hope that justice will prevail soon.






To these angels who were gone too soon, may you rest in peace and enjoy God's embrace forever.


And to those behind the crime, watch out. God is not blind. HE is not unfair. You will soon be punished. Take note of that.


Read more:
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/446131/decomposing-bodies-of-2-boys-found-in-car-in-taguig#ixzz2ZLs6eVpe


2 comments:

  1. I was hoping that they would be found alive just like what happened to the missing kid from Kamuning. =(

    -Iris D. Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your reply Miss Iris. Yes, my heart goes to their parents. I knew it's inevitable for parents to be blamed for their kids' fate but the comments I had read were too much. By the way, this is Yvonne and I continued writing here. Thank you very much!

      Delete