Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

コピーしないでください!

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Unlucky Morning but still Happy!


This morning , I woke up at 3:55 AM instead of the usual three-o'clock.

I usually wake up at three in the morning to prepare to go to work, but today
I read. As an employee of an ESL company in Ortigas, I need to log-in on or before 4:45 AM, because my shift starts at five, otherwise, my perfect attendance incentive will be affected and/or I will be given a memo.

In ESL industry, attendance is very important. It's not easy to file for a leave of absence. No matter what your reason is, being late is not an excuse and sometimes, you still have to go work even if you're not feeling well. But don't worry, the management gives us cash as a reward. In our workplace, we are given an additional 12.5 percent of our basic salary for the first two months of having a perfect attendance. Not only that, if we maintain a good attendance for another two months, the incentive will increase. If we were able to maintain a perfect attendance for six months, 25% of our basic salary will be added. See? Walang kahirap-hirap, 'di ba? Where will you get that amount these days? Pang-shopping din 'yun ah.

Now back to my story, I turned off the alarm of my hubby's two smart phones and when I heard my cell phone's alarm tone, I pressed “snooze”. I was expecting to hear the sound after ten minutes, but when I finally woke up and checked the time, it was already 3:55! This was my first time to wake up late since I started working in Ortigas. I hurriedly took a one-minute shower and dressed dressed up as quickly as I could (but never forgot to put on my accessories, hihi!). We only had two hundred pesos to survive until Friday, my payday, so I was hoping to catch a ride right away to avoid taking a taxi. Luckily, there was a jeepney loaded with passengers in front of Chowking, Comembo and the driver was nice; we left right after I boarded, did not have frequent stops and I was able to reach EDSA (Guadalupe, Makati) in ten minutes. After having a second thought of taking a cab, I decided to ride on a bus, praying to reach SM Megamall in five to ten minutes, and God heard my plea again! Time check: 4:25. Again, after having a second thought to take a cab or walk, I chose the latter. I reached Tycoon Center past 4:30, and I was able to log in at 4:35, thanks to my husband who prepared my packed lunch and accompanied me to the jeepney station. Haggardo Versoza!

I promise never to ignore the alarm again.

I promise to wake up right after hearing the “Good morning” alarm tone of my husband's LG smart phone.

I promise to get out of bed after hearing Sugar Ray's Get Up from my husband's Cherry Mobile smart phone. (Wow, andaming phone!)

And I promise never to reset the alarm of my Nokia X-1 (ay, pulubi!). I will never ignore Hyde's wonderful voice while singing “Lost Heaven”, my alarm tone since 2010.


No comments:

Post a Comment