Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

コピーしないでください!

Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Brief Summary of my 2013


It's been a while since I last posted here. As expected at the start of the year, there are a lot of bloggers whose entries are about New Year's resolution, highlights of 2013, Christmas vacation and plans for 2014.

My first entry for this year is about the highlights of my 2013. One, two, three, start!

January - first month, first failure. I wanted to have a different look, so I tried to get a perm. For details, please click here.

February-I celebrated my second anniversary in my current company, Eduplaza and Spicus, Inc.


March- I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, a disease of the endocrine disorder , or “any state in which thyroid hormone production is below normal”
(http://www.medicinenet.com/hypothyroidism/article.htm.). This started my frequent visits to Megaclinic and Saint Lukes Medical Center Taguig thanks to my hard-earned, incentive-based Fortune Care Health Card.

On the other hand, my younger sister was finally able to graduate in college after several years.

April – this was the month when my hubby and I had the most expenses. After almost twenty years, I was able to visit my (and my mother's) hometown, Misamis Oriental, not to have a vacation but to fix my birth certificate. The last time I checked, the document was still in NSO and I haven't received any news yet. For details, please click here.


This was also the month that I lost my hard-earned, three-digit perfect attendance incentive after I used all my five-day Service Incentive Leaves and two-day Sick Leaves.

On the other hand, my husband received a good news. He and the other contractual teachers would be given permanent posts, but they had to wait for the finalization of the papers.

May- the local election where my hubby served as one of the PCOS technicians.

June- the best month. I celebrated my birthday filled with love from my co-workers and family members. On the same day, my husband's permanent job order was released.

July- this was the month that we had to tighten our budget because my husband's salary was held since his papers had been transferred from local government to Deped.
On the other hand, we received four blessings:
  1. Hubby's 28th birthday.
  2. Our 10-1 anniversary. It was our tenth year of being together as a couple and our first wedding anniversary.
  3. On the same day, I got a part-time, home-based job as ESL tutor for Japanese students.
  4. My parents gave us a twin-tub washing machine.

August- this was the month that I got depressed the most. Did you remember the incessant rainfall due to Habagat from the 18th of this month onwards? I was still able to go to work on Monday and Tuesday, but come Wednesday, our place was flooded too. This was the time that I started thinking of shifting to another career. Please click here.

September- my younger sister's birthday. She introduced me to her co-teachers and this sparked my desire to go back to the field where I originally belong.

October- I had been sick for three days and was suspected to have dengue fever. In addition, my hubby's laptop was broken which gave him a lot of problems at work.

On the other hand, there were still blessings from God. I started another part-time, home-based job as English tutor for Korean kids, that gave us an additional income. Our cat, Catherine, became a first-time mom to five cute kittens.

November – time to receive husband's hard-earned money. Yipee!

December- I made one of the biggest decisions in terms of my career. Yes, I already tendered my resignation after almost three years of staying in the company.

To sum it up, it was like having a roller-coaster ride. We had a lot of trials in 2013, nevertheless, the Lord never abandoned His children and I declare that my husband and I belong to God's wonderful family. 

Bring it on, 2014!

Photo Source




No comments:

Post a Comment